3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by Finis »

I went on a short hike in the mountains. I found bear tracks! Leaving seemed like a good idea so it was a shorter hike than I planned.
Attachments
BearTracks.jpg
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire

jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Finis wrote:I went on a short hike in the mountains. I found bear tracks! Leaving seemed like a good idea so it was a shorter hike than I planned.
Yowsir!

Grizzly or ?
Walk by faith, not by sight.

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Black Bear There are many here but they are seldom seen except around campgrounds. Attacks are rare. I've never seen one in the wild or definite tracks until now. I found a bear's skeleton once. The clear track was just longer than half of my foot. Impressions that may have been cub tracks were there too and the bottom of a canyon left little option for escape so I thought leaving was best.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire

spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Now we know just what a bear does in the woods.
Yeah, leave tracks.

It was Finis who shit!

Wait, what, you found a skeleton? Please tell me you have the skull displayed on your wall like a sweet trophy.

Reporting back: The big willow that Sandy knocked down is now cut and heaped up.
We managed to get a rope on the parts that were hanging way up there and pulled them down.
Splitting and stacking comes next after we collect some pallets.
Anybody who wants free low quality firewood is welcome to stop by and help themselves.

Cross Post to 'Do it yourselves and don't wait for help from the government'

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

You needed a pro for that tree work. I'd need a little travel money though.
spacekdet wrote:Please tell me you have the skull displayed on your wall like a sweet trophy.
Should've. The jaw was separate and some teeth had fallen out. The rest of the skull was a little bigger than my head. The bones were clean and some scattered. Scavenger's feast. When I report animal sightings to a friend he says "Why ain't we eatin' 'em?".

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Today is Veteran's Day.

The Veteran's Day parade was good. Plenty of participants. Not many spectators due to high winds. There was a flyover by an F-22 which has been missing from many parades, even Independence Day, in the last few years. The Jeep off road club made an interesting formation with their 4-wheel drive vehicles. The large tires stick out from the sides and one would drive up on to the tire of the one next to him. His left front tire would be on top of the outer edge of the other's right front tire and so one making a line of vehicles.

No need to duplicate my usual Verteran's Day post. Same as here: http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 652#p30652

bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

i just wanted to say that iam still alive. My job is taking lots of time and energy, so i really dont go home and do more graphics. Sadly at work its 99% 2D, not 3D. I just made a PF2013 with tS, pretty basic instalation. That was part of my job actually :)
PF2013-EVROPA2.jpg
But its realy nice to see this forum so alive. I came back after few months and i see tons of new threads, posts, artwork!
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)

LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Back on the track, but without a sketch
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi

spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

The Thanksgiving turkey is still frozen, as hard as a turkey-shaped boulder, although it's been "thawing" for two days in the fridge.
If it's not softened up by noon tomorrow when it's time for it's appointment with the oven, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
Cross-post to 'First World Problems'.
# whyaren'tmysistersinchargeofthis

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

My sister is out of the hospital and is doing well. She still has a feeding tube until some stuff heals up. Here's a funny thing. The "predigested" food goes in the feeding tube bypassing the stomach but it is labeled "Vanilla". No one has dared taste it.

Potential new Christmas tradition: the Christmas Bomb. My sister's Christmas decorations include a big bowl of ball ornaments with a giant ball ornament in them. The big ornament has a length of cord to hang it. So it looks like a sparkly colorful version of a cartoon bomb with fuse. Maybe it could have a big firecracker and confetti in it and you would light the fuse and boom your room is decorated.