"What I have been up to"

A place where have some extra fun..
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

"What I have been up to"

Post by LeonRegis »

About a week ago I received an email from Steinie, remembering that U3DA exists. And well, nothing is more fair than actually saying what I've been up to, as the email mentioned it.

Well well... nothing really special or extraordinary.

I'm pretty sad about not posting here anymore, nor doing 3D (I don't even open trueSpace since march or april, I guess...). I feel like disappoint some people here, specially the other Leon that gave me the Messiah and I didn't get it, I couldn't because I'm not going to use... so would be better giving it back if possible, then he can do whatever he wants (maybe give to someone else).

I don't feel sad or bad about being away of 3D, it's not a priority as it was. Although it's delightful as always, I get on some other objectives, or the lack of them. I'm more into reading books I guess, I should even read more. Also I can say that maybe music are pretty important now, even being talentless, I do it more for myself.

I'm also unproductive as I don't work, just study and so... Some existential questions (or crisis as some would say) inherent to the adolescence (I guess...), and that's what have been consuming much of my thinking lately, but that's cool, considering I won't have it again, I must enjoy the ~moment~.

Anyway, I feel consumerist (in the way of consuming content, not the "buying things" consumerism) and that makes me a little worthless, like, doing nothing, creating nothing. And most of what I create now is useless and have no impact anyway, things of bad quality also, I don't do anything of a "better quality" in a longtime.

I know this last paragraph might sound depressive, but I don't feel depressed at all, just saying the reality. I have other things to bother about, maybe more futile and restrict things, but at least keeps me away from those other questions. Yeah, I read some D. Hume and Nietzsche.

Also Voltaire.

and Orwell.

Don't forget those XV, XVI classics as Maquiavel, T. More and so.

That's all haha. :bananaguitar:
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Re: "What I have been up to"

Post by v3rd3 »

all the best in your studies leon... if you do decide to pick up 3d again we will all be here....

please hit us with a post every once in a while to let us know how you are and what you are doing.... we enjoy your company.... :mrgreen:
DarkScythe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by DarkScythe »

MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Hey Leon, glad to see you're still alive :)

I've had some dark periods as well but making something 3D (or 2d) has always got me out of it.

When I'm "taking a break" from modeling I usually just watch a lot of movies, play some games and sit around much browsing the internet. I always get back to 3D eventually and I hope you will too.

Just in case you want something different to read, try the Usagi Yojimbo comic book series, that's what I am reading at the moment and it's brilliant :lol:

I hope we'll see you around some more, maybe you'll post something again who knows ;)
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Thanks guys! It's always good to feel welcome =)

@DarkScynthe Yeah, those are good indications... I have a book about blender, it's a good one. But I took so long to start reading that it got obsolete, the new blender interface is different. =/

@MikomDude Yeah that's what I doing... watching movies, reading books, listening to music, studying, etc... ie... I'm mostly consuming content. I'll give a try to that comic book. Just need to found yet.

Anyway. Today I made a terrible song, at least I started it. I usually have shame about showing that. But I need a favor, if someone that has some basic english knowledge (I would show my english teacher but I feel better showing just here) can just correct any basic mistake on the lyrics:

The Whole

"The whole is what matters
All the parts togheter
That's what it meant
That's what matters in the end

All those thoughts going
through my mind
They cannot
Turn me blind

And the birds
On the edge of a lake
In a sunny day
It chants that you're awake

Look at the details
But don't lose your sight
Sigh at all the tales
Clear sky at night

The fragility of the things
around me
As well my being
Is so overwhelming

This universe
Stands still
As the time
Keeps going down the hill

And the kids
on a calm playground
In a sunny day
it chants you have found

Look at the details
But don't lose your sight
Sigh at all the tales
Just stop the fight"

Thanks in Advance.

I just record it, so if you want I might release the demo >.>
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Good to hear from you Leon!
Yeah just do what you feel like; your free time is yours to do what you choose.
So, no worries there! :bananacheers:
richlevy
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by richlevy »

Creating 3D is a form of art, if you use the tools that you have learned during your time here, you will always have that art form to fall back onto, to help you show the visions you see in your mind...

But I all too well understand what you mean... life is full of peaks and valleys, enjoy the ride, learn from your mistakes, and come out of it all a better person...

Ok, someone push the old guy back out of the way :D

Happy trails to you.

Rich
My Flickr site, here you can see some of the photography I do:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich-l/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Aloha Leon, glad to hear about you..

Job, study and lack of time are most common enemies of creativity and 3D..
Hope you find motivation to keep doing 3D..

Take care and keep in touch.
Augusto
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑