More Truespace musicians and their music

A place where have some extra fun..
Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

More Truespace musicians and their music

Post by Steve »

One thread I particularly liked from the old forums, and considering how many keyboards and guitars you all have hope to see some more music, if not I'll have to spam you all

Some of my new stuff is here
The first one is I got off my arse and made the song for the next part of my rose project, it's much more mellow to what I usually do, but couldn't resist putting in a crunchy drumline, song can be downloaded here
Thanks to a neat new amp modelling thingumy whatsit (technical term) in cubase I dont have to muck about with silly recordings, my only gripe is that it seems to deliberately put in some artificial white noise, which is a pain

Next one is for a project I'm now acting as "caretaker" for, project's called "ironsight"
I'm a link
Aside fomr a couple of equalisation (and blatant incomplete-ness) I'm rather happy with that one

One final piece I'll put up is the piece I used to play around with my new guitar modelling stuff
I'm another link
Please ignore the mp3 tags, I didn't bother with em this time

Hope to see more of everyone elses music again
Musikman
Chief Petty Officer

Re: More Truespace musicians and their music

Post by Musikman »

Hi Weevil

Well, someone had to kick things off here, glad to see this thread has survived the forum change! :) Just had a listen to your music, good stuff! Very interesting mix of instruments. I like the way you mix the edge guitar style with some of the classical style sounds. To me it sounds like it would fit very well in the gaming industry. I liked the second piece the best, (the one you did for "Ironsight"), thought provoking and some unique sounds that I liked on that one. Thanks for sharing, I'll try to post a track or two here soon.

Cheers! 8-)

Musikman
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks and glad to see someone else out there does music!
Kenc3
Petty Officer First Class

Post by Kenc3 »

Sounds nice.
Does anyone know how I could hook up my keyboard tomy comuter? I went to the store and they only said to use the headset out jacks. I know there is a lot of free software to make the music. :bananatyping:
lothissen

Post by lothissen »

Kenc3 wrote:Sounds nice.
Does anyone know how I could hook up my keyboard tomy comuter? I went to the store and they only said to use the headset out jacks. I know there is a lot of free software to make the music. :bananatyping:
You could do that or get a midi connector as well. The m-Audio midi man range is quite good and cheap. Lets you play midi signals into your computer thru a usb port so you can control VST instruments.

What sound card do you have on your computer?
--------------------===============AKA Jayr===============--------------------
------------------=========3D Coat -Lightwave- Messiah=========------------------
Kenc3

Post by Kenc3 »

I don't have a separate sound card. I am using the one that comes with the motherboard and the mic input jack through my keyboard. I have downloaded Audacity again to record the sounds. The keyboard has a lot of instruments. There are also 10 songs on it.
I had another program before that allowed me to input music to the computer but have since forgotten which one it was.
I have lost my original programs when I changed computers and operating systems. :bananatyping:
lothissen

Post by lothissen »

Kenc3 wrote: I have lost my original programs when I changed computers and operating systems. :bananatyping:
I hate it when that happens.

Using the sound card on your motherboard will be ok for recording sound directly from your keyboard, it won't be the best quality but it'll be ok.

If there's a 'line in' on your soundcard use that with a Phono-to-Stereo Mini-Jack cable or a Jack-to-Mini Jack cable, depending on the outs and ins on your motherboard and keyboard ( you can get them quite cheap on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metre-3-5mm-Pho ... 518&sr=8-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lynx-35-2J-1-5- ... 45&sr=1-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

It'll let you record in stereo with less excess noise than a mic socket.
--------------------===============AKA Jayr===============--------------------
------------------=========3D Coat -Lightwave- Messiah=========------------------
Steve

Post by Steve »

*Glub Glub Glub*...Look which topic Steve's floated back to the surface, that's right folks

Done a bit of remixing here, first song, for anyone who's played Guitar Hero world tour, apparently the first song is in there. It's called "Vinternoll2", by a band called kent, I really reccommned you check them out. Once again, because I can't sing nor wish to try, it remains vocal free.

The second, for you brits and music savvy people, is a muse remix, the song's called "supermassive black hole", and I pinched a few edits they did from theirlive song, added a solo and made a few extra tweaks and bob's your uncle
Attachments
supermassive black mix.zip
(3.1 MiB) Downloaded 249 times
vinternoll.zip
(4.1 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
Musikman
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Musikman »

Hey Weevil

Cool stuff man! :bananathumb: Enjoyed both tracks, also nice to see this thread moving forward! :bananathumb:

I wasn't sure......when you say "remix", did you re-record all the instruments to re-invent your own version of the original, or is it a mixture of both yours and theirs?

Quite like the guitar work in Supermassive Black Mix, nice fullness to the chord work & melodies, great job. What fx are you sending the guitars through?

Nice clean sounding melodic lines in Vinternoll, I never heard of Kent before, they from UK? Also, liked the drum beats (on both tracks).....sounds very good, if you don't mind a minor critique, (if you are in fact going for the "rock/big guns" drum style), imo could use a slight more reverb (especially kick & snare) to open them up and give them a bigger sound. Some part of any reverb fx on any instrument usually tends to get washed in final mix & sometimes have to overcompensate in anticipation of that.

I've been quite busy lately, so I haven't heard your music in awhile, I really enjoyed the listen, much appreciate you posting them for us to enjoy here! 8-)

Cheers!

Musikman
Steve

Post by Steve »

Great to hear from you again musikman

I'll get onto fixing the drum problems, an issue I have is when the songs go under the headphones, the guitars lack prescence, they just sound very overdriven, and if I add the bass boost, it just quietens everything down, I'm never really good at mastering my tracks so I really think I shouls give vinternoll another run over again

And by remix, a re-invented version, none of their original recordings are present, Kent is also actually a Sweedish band, so you might get two version of their songs if you look them up.