Defaults and layer settings problem

lrdsatyr8
Petty Officer First Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Defaults and layer settings problem

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

Ok... this just started happening recently with my 7.61, but for some reason all my libraries default back to the original TS libraries and not the last used one (if I last used my MISC library before it would load the MISC library when I started TS, but now its loading the original TS Default library). It happens with the lights, materials and objects libraries. Is there a setting or problem that I'm missing?

Also recently no shadows are being rendered at all no matter what light source I use... very odd. Don't know what is causing this!

Also, for some strange reason, if I have multiple layers, and I want one layer to "Use as wire color" I choose and the others not too, no matter what layer I choose, all of the boxes are checked on each layer for the "Use as wire color"... has anyone else had these problems and if so is there a way to solve them? Thanks!
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Defaults and layer settings problem

Post by stan »

On my xp system I've not been able to keep loaded any library except default ones when ts opens. It has done that for me since ts7. It happens on my new win 7 too.

As for layers make sure you have "use layer colours" checked on the layer info panel. right click of the add layer icon to access. Then you should be able to use each layer with or without wire colour checked on the wire colour panel.

With shadows the only thing I can think of is make sure you have shadows checked in the render options. Icon found on object panel. Opens the object render panel.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by BNG »

A far as I know TS always loads the scene and object folders 1st. If you want to load your own custom library then rename scenes something like Caligari scenes and object like Caligari objects and rename your custom to the default names.
lrdsatyr8

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

I had no problems with this before... it just started happening recently. Before whenever I loaded up TS all the libraries I had been using before loaded as well (lights, colors, objects, etc), but now whenever I load TS the only libraries that are loaded are the default ones and I have to manually load them everytime, it won't even save them in the "Save Configuration" setting. Very odd. I've been thinking of re-installing TS and seeing if that will solve the problem... any suggestions?
stan

Post by stan »

Well for the first time I had a library that I loaded come back when reopening.. What I did was create a new project. So I learned something today, just go into the "project library" and create a new project and your libraries will load when you open. .. :bananatyping: :geek:
lrdsatyr8

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

stan wrote:Well for the first time I had a library that I loaded come back when reopening.. What I did was create a new project. So I learned something today, just go into the "project library" and create a new project and your libraries will load when you open. .. :bananatyping: :geek:
That sounded like a great idea, so I gave it a try. It loads the DEFAULT libraries, but not ones I've created to be my defaults. For example. Create a new Library in each section (Lights, Materials, Models) called "(Light/Material/Model) STUFF" respectively, put a few stray models/settings/etc into them and then save your scene, make sure you have SAVE STATE and AUTO SAVE selected in your preferences, and exit TS. Now reload TS... normally, the last libraries you used would be loaded when you reload TS, and would open when you opened the respective library panel. However, recently, when I load TS, it always reverts back to the default libraries that come with TS, instead of the last libraries I was using. Does that happen to anyone else and is there a fix for that?
FHembree
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by FHembree »

I may be wrong but when something is not working as expected in ts it is usually the file named default.ctx in TS. Make a backup copy by renaming it to default.bak01 and then when you start
ts again it will automatically create a new clean default.ctx file. Give that a try.
stan

Post by stan »

Just tried it on my win7. it didn't load my libraries when bridge is on. So set to off they did reload. This was with a new project.

Then I went back to my xp and put my old project back and with the bridge off they loaded. If it's "on" or "auto" they won't load. I had the bridge off in my first tests because I've been working in ts66 modelside for awhile.
lrdsatyr8

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

FHembree wrote:I may be wrong but when something is not working as expected in ts it is usually the file named default.ctx in TS. Make a backup copy by renaming it to default.bak01 and then when you start
ts again it will automatically create a new clean default.ctx file. Give that a try.
FINALLY!!! This has been driving me crazy FOREVER!! Deleting the DEFAULT.CTX file WHILE running TS7.61b with SAVE STATE checked solved the problem! My custom defaults loaded again when I started up TS! So happy... Thank you FH!
spacekdet
Captain
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Also known as 'Roman's Corollary':
"If something's wrong, it's always the default.ctx"