Object Render Options problem?

lrdsatyr8
Petty Officer First Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Object Render Options problem?

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

OK... here's the setup... Create a flat plane and add any dark texture to it. Then add a cube with a matte white texture sitting on top of the plane. Change your lighting to a single infinate light with Shadow Mapping Solid Shadows. Render your scene. For some reason the shadows of plane create a moire effect around the bottom of the cube.

Now before I was able to fix this by unchecking the box in the Object render options of the plane for Cast Shadows. Now, however it seems as if when I turn off the cast shadows on the plane, the entire plane disappears. I don't know if this is a widespread problem or just me. Any advice?
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Object Render Options problem?

Post by Draise »

Is this.. Workspace side or Model Side?
spacekdet
Captain
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Shadow mapping works better with multiple lights.

Quad-divide the plane a couple times
Does this happen in the real time view or in the render?
marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by marcel »

I know this bug. When you change the option of shadow the object is invisible for the render. What i do is to delete the object and create another before i Save the scene
If it is a complex object i avoid to lost my work whith this method : i export the object in obj format then i import it to replace the bad object (Save and import a bad object as a trueSpace object don't change the problem, it is why i think it is a bug of TS).
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
lrdsatyr8
Petty Officer First Class

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

marcel wrote:I know this bug. When you change the option of shadow the object is invisible for the render. What i do is to delete the object and create another before i Save the scene
If it is a complex object i avoid to lost my work whith this method : i export the object in obj format then i import it to replace the bad object (Save and import a bad object as a trueSpace object don't change the problem, it is why i think it is a bug of TS).
Thanks Marcel... that fixed the problem! I knew I wasn't crazy!