Issue 1, Selected points have changing orientation angles...

Jill
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Issue 1, Selected points have changing orientation angles...

Post by Jill »

The 2nd issue I have is when I select points [not faces as that seems ok] it changes the model orientation angles [just for the selected points, not the rest of the model] to some oddball values depending which angle I am viewing it from, if I change the viewing angle then the model angle for the selected points changes to another oddball angle that is seemingly unrelated to the world, view, or the rest of the model and so, for example, if I scale those points they skew in an odd way with this messed up model orientation.
It should be noted that this happens immediately once the points are selected, they do not even start as being oriented with the rest of the model and the selection of points can be entirely balanced [centered and evenly distributed] and it still always does this.

Any ideas how to deal with this?

[maybe I should go for the non-beta version of tS? if that would even make a difference...]
-Jill-

Helped w/a riddle: "If one is specifically clever, and the only witness of it was an idiot, was the cleverness a wasted effort?"
The 1st clue is in the use of the word 'witness',..
The 2nd is in the fact that you conveyed it to ME. :lol:
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Issue 1, Selected points have changing orientation angles...

Post by Draise »

There is a possibility that the points are deforming to the normal. A normal is an average angle deduced from a series of angles around it. This gives the option of pulling the average vertice out of the mesh with the Z axis, and it's average relative left and right with X and Y. This is based on the average axis regenerated according to it's neighboring angles and lines. So according to your selection, the neighboring vertice angle will change it's normal axis, because it recalculates it's normal axis according to the line angles around it.

On the workspace side, with that specific orientation, you can turn it off and on according to need, just like world/obj/screen orientations.

Another clue would be to check your object axis. Try flatten the axis, reset the axis location/rotation/scale. Once your imported object has a clean axis (which CAN get deformed in TS like any program really..) then edit under object coordinates, and things will be more predictable.

Lemmi know what happens.
ranger0101
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by ranger0101 »

The problems you are having are obviously
Video or direct-X driver issues..
The display problems you are experiencing
are not inherent to TrueSpsce.
In order to Create Art... You must first learn to See...
My Website http://www.theartoftimkoons.yolasite.com
Jill
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by Jill »

ranger0101 wrote:The problems you are having are obviously
Video or direct-X driver issues..
The display problems you are experiencing
are not inherent to TrueSpsce.
Thank you, it looks like you are correct on that. I put tS on my best xp desk top [not connected to internet] instead of my laptop and it works fine on it, and it also does not produce the other issue.
-Jill-

Helped w/a riddle: "If one is specifically clever, and the only witness of it was an idiot, was the cleverness a wasted effort?"
The 1st clue is in the use of the word 'witness',..
The 2nd is in the fact that you conveyed it to ME. :lol: