re-nstalled 7.6 now has no scene render

seppgirty
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

re-nstalled 7.6 now has no scene render

Post by seppgirty »

as the title says, i re-installed 7.6 (version with model and work side.) now when i hit render object (in both sides) it says i have no offline render engine. it always used to render for me. i know there is a version out there that doesn't support virtulite :? but my d/l was from when TS first became free. Is this because i re-installed and it now has no render engine?
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: re-nstalled 7.6 now has no scene render

Post by BNG »

seppgirty wrote:as the title says, i re-installed 7.6 (version with model and work side.) now when i hit render object (in both sides) it says i have no offline render engine. it always used to render for me. i know there is a version out there that doesn't support virtulite :? but my d/l was from when TS first became free. Is this because i re-installed and it now has no render engine?
I noticed that same issue with 7.61 Rosetta Standalone. Install 7.61 Beta 8 and you can use the Lightworks or Virtualight renderer. You'll also have access to TS 6.6 renderer functions as well.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

When rendering from Model, use the Model's rendering tools located at the top. Not the Workspace's rendering tools located at the bottom. Vray must be installed in order to use Workspace's Offline Rendering.
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

wow, now when ever i hit a render button in 6.6 mode i get a FATAL ERROR REPORT and it takes my cpu up to 100% and still can't get anything working on the 7.6 side :cry:

could this be because i have TS 6.6 installed? maybe they are butting heads :?

i'm running windows xp SP3 ,AMD dual core, 2048 ram, navidia Geforce 6100 built-in graphics.

i'll try another install and see what that does.

thanks guys
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
spacekdet
Captain
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Switch to Workspace and right click render button.
In stack specify desired render engine.
Reinstall VRay via Package Manager icon if you have it.
Attachments
render_choice_minitut.jpg
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

I'm pretty sure the example you are showing doesn't work Spacekdet.
The drop down didn't work as I recall. It always used VRay if installed no matter
what you select.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

seppgirty wrote:wow, now when ever i hit a render button in 6.6 mode i get a FATAL ERROR REPORT and it takes my cpu up to 100% and still can't get anything working on the 7.6 side :cry:

could this be because i have TS 6.6 installed? maybe they are butting heads :?

i'm running windows xp SP3 ,AMD dual core, 2048 ram, navidia Geforce 6100 built-in graphics.

i'll try another install and see what that does.

thanks guys
Bummer, make sure you install to another directory if you have TS 6.6 installed seperately on your system.
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

o.k.

i re-installed TS 7.6. it seems that turning BRIDGE to OFF solved the render problem on the 6.6 side of things :bananacool2: it no longer crashes my cpu.

still trying to figure out how to render with lightworks on the 7.6 side. I DO NOT HAVE V-RAY (not yelling, just high lighting that :D ) Do i have to get an offline render to use with the 7.6 side?

pictures help alot for me space cadet :bananacheers:

i just want to use my truebones bvh motions :bananasad:

ALSO: should i bump my ram from 2 gig to 3 gig? can you run a computer with a 2gig ram chip and a 1 gig ram chip? i've been told that your ram chips must be balanced. ....... example: two 1 gig chips, two 2 gig chips.

sorry for the long post and being a pain in the but :oops:

joe
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

If the two banks of chips are different types and sizes then yes you might
be having memory problems. They should be the same.
The workSpace side still has real-time rendering which I use a lot. What you see is what
you get. I then use Photoshop to do my special effects. The end result matters most.

Lightworks on the Model side right? You can't use it on the workSpace side.
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

i have now upgraded to 7.6.1 beta8 and it seems to be running much smoother. no crashes as of yet :D

it's a bit upsetting that the 7.6 side doesn't have a built in render. i did find a plug-in that is supposed to let you use lightworks in the 7.6 side. it was built off of the blender fluid plug-in. i'll give it a whirl later and see if it works with 7.6.1 beta8

thanks for the info about ram chips Stenie.

is the lightworks render engine the one that was used in all the previous versions of truespace? i might be calling it by the wrong name.