Weirdness between Modelside and Workspace side...

Rhino169
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Weirdness between Modelside and Workspace side...

Post by Rhino169 »

I am wondering if anyone has an idea as to what is causing the weird behavior below:
Modelspace01.JPG
Workspace01.JPG
I had been working exclusively in Modelside and I had 7 layers. I believe the issue started when I went to use the option "use as wire color". I had built this model without using that feature and today started to add a new object on a new layer and decided to try it. The first image is Modelside. As I move the cursor around the image, different areas appear and disappear...and I also get all of those extra random planes and wireframe bits showing up. When I click on a missing item, it reappears.

The lower image is me checking to see if this still occurs in the workspace side. As you can see everything looks fine and the cursor does not make the model go crazy.

Is there something I can do to remedy this. I have unchecked all the layer options for "use as wire color" and it still is acting crazy. :x

And one last thing, is there a way to not have the workspace tool bars appearing on top? In the top image I am in modelside and I have the window maximized, I've had to move these remaining workspace toolbars up and out of my way, because I accidently think they are for modelside and they always seem to cover up the modelside toolbars.
Rhino169
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Re: Weirdness between Modelside and Workspace side...

Post by Rhino169 »

Well...after clicking around and even closing and re-opening the scene, I ended up stumbling on this trick...and for now it appears to be fixed.

I clicked the "Standard views layout" button and went to "4 views layout" then clicked back to the "Standard views layout" and now things seem to be fine.

Most have been some graphics oddity. I'm still looking for an answer on the workspace toolbars being on top of everything.
Modelspace01 fixed.JPG