transform, rotate, scale limits - how?

Share with others..
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

transform, rotate, scale limits - how?

Post by Draise »

How can I open up the matrix of an object on the WS to then apply minimum and maximum limits to that same objects matrix? world or object Matrix?

Use: When I create shape controls, or rig controls, or animation controls, I can set limits to objects then limit the morph deformations or skeleton IK control movements.

For example:

Cube Matrix - Expand

tx - 0.000 (can move infinately)
ty - 0.000 (can move infinately)
tz - 0.000 (can move infinately)

to:
tx - 0.000 (only can move min -3.000 and max 3.000)
ty - 0.000 (only can move min -3.000 and max 3.000)
tz - 0.000 (only can move min -3.000 and max 3.000)

And, how can I make a "Reset Transforms/Rotation/Scale" button?
Draise
Captain

Re: transform, rotate, scale limits - how?

Post by Draise »

Here are some ideas... :bananatyping:

Inside the object there is the transform node, and you can have two transforms nodes with expanded matrix values linking into each other with no problem. The idea is to change the values, put on clamps, min/max and then reinput those matrix values into the new matrix node. Thus limiting the Matrix.

Now how can I use min/max nodes with matrix values? I don't understand the min/max nodes or other mathematical nodes very well to do this, and I need some clues. Is the answer in other nodes?

I am thinking to edit the nodes and colour code them so I know how I can connect information to and from different nodes. I jsut need to understand what colour is what type of information (understand context). I know there are matrix inputs, floats, and vector inputs, colour info, and other information.. But it's unclear. Flow of information varies, and I'm not sure how to use them all. ICE in softimage has a clear colour coding system for the flow of information, including messages with warnings or errors when there is information incompatibility, helping you figure out how to modify it. I need to do this for TS. Because the LE is just like ICE.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Awesome! Figured it out!

TS had a "deform control" node with min and max and even a multiplying. I am not sure how it was made.. but it saved me some time!

Now to do this with it's object matrix while it is parented.. so when you move the parent, the whole object moves with it, but within the parent the object won't move beyond it's limits!
DarkScythe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by DarkScythe »

another method and sample... rsobject include. drag slider to move in x direction.

http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... f=26&t=425 here's another sample of prodigy
Attachments
minmax.zip
(23.6 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
minmax.jpg
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Hmmm.. That gives me an idea.....

Morph Slider - controlled by an objects tX value slider, with min/max - controlled by another moveable matrix changing the slider values, without limits, thus giving min/max control for multiple morphs with one controller...... hmmm......
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Nice, where did you find that deform control node?
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
DarkScythe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by DarkScythe »

Nice, where did you find that deform control node?
u can find it in tutorial objects clintonman.... image below.
Attachments
deform node.jpg