trueSpace 4.3 All-In-One-SDK ready for download

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
zzador
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

trueSpace 4.3 All-In-One-SDK ready for download

Post by zzador »

Hello everybody,

I have finally resolved all problems regarding the tS4.3 SDK and the MinGW compiler.

As promised here is the download link for the SDK: https://www.file-upload.net/download-14 ... K.zip.html

Update: Included "iup.h" in SDK for copyright disclaimer

Update2: Included IupDrawing functions for IupCanvas. Ported CustomBackgroundShader & CustomPostprocessShader to MinGW. Added a script (newgtss.bat) for creating Postprocess-Shaders. Included the IUP-DLL-Wrapper sourcecode.

Here is the included README:

Code: Select all

trueSpace 4.3 MinGW-W64 32Bit SDK
------------------------------------

Contents:

- MinGW-W64 32Bit 8.1.0 (i686-win32-dwarf-rev0, Built by MinGW-W64 project)

- trueSpace SDK 4.33

- IUP GUI-Library 3.30 DLL-Wrapper (Direct use of IUP-Library not possible due to manual code relocation of custom shaders)

- Helper-Scripts for creating new projects (tsx or tss)

- SDK-Documentation (tSX-API, CustomShader-API, IUP-API)

Description:

This package contains a complete trueSpace4.3 SDK including compiler, libraries & examples. It was bundled for personal use only.

It contains the original tS4.3 SDK. There are now 7 example-projects (3x tSX, 2x customshader, 2x globalshader) which are ported from MFC to IUP and

are ready to build. All the projects are pure C (not C++) now.

I prefer C before C++ so the SDK was created with the intend to build C projects but the C++ Compiler (g++) is also included but not tested.

It might work out of the box or you must have to tweak here and there a bit to get it working.

IMPORTANT:

In order to use GUI-Dialogs with IUP you must copy "iup.dll" into your TrueSpace base-directory.

The file is located in the "IUP"-subdirectory of the SDK.

Build a project:

To build a project (e.g. one of the examples) follow these steps:

1. Open a command-prompt within the SDK-directory where "setenv.bat" is located.

2. Type "setenv", hit Enter and change directory to subdirectory "projects".

3. Choose a project to build then change directory to this directory.

4. Type "make" and hit Enter.

If no compile errors occured the built TSX/TSS can be found in the "bin"-subdirectory of the project.

Create a new project:

To create a new project you can use one of the two creation scripts by executing the following steps:

1. Open a command-prompt within the SDK-directory where "setenv.bat" is located.

2. Type "setenv", hit Enter and change directory to subdirectory "projects".

3. Type "newtsx [projectname]" and hit Enter if you want to create a tSX-Extension or

Type "newtss [projectname]" and hit Enter if you want to create a custom material shader or

Type "newgtss [projectname]" and hit Enter if you want to create a custom global shader

4. The current directory should now be the project directory. You can run "make" now.

If you find errors or things not working as expected, send me a message.
I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe...
the rise & fall of MS-DOS. The birth of Windows 3.11. Professional 3D Software getting usable in the late 90s and getting unusable again around 2010. Telephones with a dial and so much more...
zzador
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: trueSpace 4.3 All-In-One-SDK ready for download

Post by zzador »

Updated the download link. See update-notes in original post over this one
I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe...
the rise & fall of MS-DOS. The birth of Windows 3.11. Professional 3D Software getting usable in the late 90s and getting unusable again around 2010. Telephones with a dial and so much more...