Old Shader SDK?

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
zzador
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Old Shader SDK?

Post by zzador »

Hello everybody,

I'm currently bundling and SDK-Package (C-compiler, headers, libs) for Truespace by using the SDK from here: https://designdevil.de/index.php?menu=sdk. The FreeBASIC SDK also contained the C SDK for TS6.6. I successfully converted some normal TSX-Extenions from MFC to IUP. They are working fine in my TrueSpace 4.3.

The shaders however are another story. I could not get one shader to run. The function

Code: Select all

tsxShaderInitialize
gets never called. At first I thought I made a mistake but then I realised that an old shader src that I could get my hands on used an another function signature for "tsxShaderInitialize" and I think that might be the problem. The Shader function signature has changed from TS4.3 to TS6.6.

Old:

void tsxShaderInitialize(tssData* data, int id)
New:

void tsxShaderInitialize(tssData* data, long ID, long *pid)
My Question: Does anybody have the old SDK with shaders still compatible with TS4.3 ?
I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe...
the rise & fall of MS-DOS. The birth of Windows 3.11. Professional 3D Software getting usable in the late 90s and getting unusable again around 2010. Telephones with a dial and so much more...
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Old Shader SDK?

Post by clintonman »

Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
zzador
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Old Shader SDK?

Post by zzador »

Thank you very much. That is indeed exactly what I was looking for.
I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe...
the rise & fall of MS-DOS. The birth of Windows 3.11. Professional 3D Software getting usable in the late 90s and getting unusable again around 2010. Telephones with a dial and so much more...