Multi Snap for workspace

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Multi Snap for workspace

Post by stan »

Here is script originally developed by Clinton with a new front end widget system to snap object to object, vertex to object, axis to object or vertex, face or edge. etc....
MultiSnap.jpg
MultiSnapInstaller.RsObj
once left clicking icon to start the target widget appears..if you feel you made a mistake after selecting the target and clicked MB, just click icon again and the source widget will be replaced and you can restart.

Right click of icon closes widget.

To move the axis (with affect pivot only checked)
For moving axis to an objects location select target then MB click to get value, select source object to move it's axis, MB click and you are done.
To move axis in the target object, select any face edge vertex then MB click to get value, then close edit, select target object, to move it's axis, MB click and you are done.

To Move object to target
select target then MB click to get value, select source object to move, MB click and you are done.

To move face, edge or vertex to target (with PointMove checked)
select target then MB click to get value, select source object, go to edit mode, select any point, MB click and you are done.

The widget stays active so you can move multiple source objects or points to one target.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Multi Snap for workspace

Post by trueBlue »

Awesome!
Would be really great, and I think you have experience using Bounding Box, to have an option to snap the Axis to the Object's Top, Bottom, Front, Back, Left, and Right. :mrgreen:
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

To be honest I already have a tool to do that
axistool.jpg
After first using this snap tool it was the first thing I used to get objects to snap to the BBox positions.
I'm thinking I never did get it working with object space yet. I have to see if I can get that working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

I like your technique for changing the cursor. Think I'll use it in some of my stuff too.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com