Vray Standalone for Truespace - Project.

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Vray Standalone for Truespace - Project.

Post by stan »

Clinton, my to do list is as follows..

vraymtl ..that I may just leave as one huge shader. It actually can make many types of shaders. Later on I may make a better glass from it once I find out better how to use it.

finish the lights..there is some texture buttons that need work and add the animation interpolation part to those that don't yet have it.

Most important is the normals because I don't get faceted material and I believe all the shaders on curves will look properly then. I used the 'Mesh.GetNormals()'with 'Space 3D Package/Normals Stream Data' but they dont seem right. Might need help on that one..

There is also a value issue I have that I can't find an answer for yet. In the Scatter fog it uses values like this: 'thickness=1e+009;' maxwell? translated from long numbers.

Of course there will be loose ends to repair that might have slipped my mind.lol

I won't make materials animated in this version. There is combined about 7500 lines of code in the material and texture fnsets..So I just don't feel like setting up the interpolation value part just yet . :lol:

I was wondering if I can export the fnsets scripts as xml and code them as a plugin like the devs did with some things? I won't rewrite the my code to c++ though. Far too much work.. :bananatyping: That or just move the vray panel out of the scene, which causes its own problem..saving the vray values to scene..At the moment the panel adds 1.76 mgs to a scene.
:D
Johny
Petty Officer First Class

V-Ray 2.0 for Maya Goes Beta

Post by Johny »

today I got newsletter from Chaos Group about V-Ray 2.0

here is link for read the newsletter: http://chaosgroup.com/newsletters/20110330/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So Stan, I think its better if you try to send join request to V-Ray 2.0 Beta program.
stan

Post by stan »

It's been awhile I know, I have been working on the normals. :geek: Here is pic of what I now have..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Looks Very Very Nice stan! Great job man! :worship: :bananacheers:
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Really fantastic accomplishments!
stan

Post by stan »

mirror and glass on a ball, normals look right now. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Very nice stan! :bananacheers:
stan

Post by stan »

latest work on normals.. :D
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

That looks really good stan.
Did you get all the problems with normals resolved?
stan

Post by stan »

I'm not sure but the facetized ones do look alot better to me. :bananatyping:
no out of range face vertices..