Vray Standalone for Truespace - Project.

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Vray Standalone for Truespace - Project.

Post by stan »

a spotlight with red shadow and mountain texture in color tex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stan

Post by stan »

here is the light dome with fractal noise in color tex..intensity 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stan

Post by stan »

here is the light sphere with leather in shadow tex..

Johny
Petty Officer First Class

Post by Johny »

Wow Stan! :shock:

Good work Stan. keep it up! :)

marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by marcel »

Great work! :bananacheers:
just to know: how will be the final work? a file to install on the workspace as a rsobject? What about the old vray installed with this new feature (it is a problem to have 2 versions of Vray)? the standalone Vray appears as a new render engine (if we have it)?
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr

stan

Post by stan »

There will be a few rsobj's, one in the scene (the vray render setting node) some tools placed in the system area , toolbar icons and 3 libraries added to the main library(lights,textures,shaders)....you will have to use the lights and materials provided.

This and the old vray dont mix at all.. You will have to create scenes using vray standalone lights and materials as they are non transferable. So old vray is not affected but you can't just render with the standalone using old vray scenes, lights and materials must be changed, same in reverse.

It will not appear as a new render engine as it is external to truespace. Really it's an exporter to vray for maya standalone.

Emmanuel

Post by Emmanuel »

stan wrote:You will have to create scenes using vray standalone lights and materials as they are non transferable. So old vray is not affected but you can't just render with the standalone using old vray scenes, lights and materials must be changed, same in reverse.
Stan, you are doing a huge work and all the Workspace users here will appreciate this great tool.

I was very enthusiastic about this Vray Standalone for trueSpace. But the need for specific materials makes it a Workspace-only solution, since the Bridge would destroy the Workspace setup.
And this is a problem for me, because I don't use Workspace at all (I never could get used to its Material Editor or the Link Editor, also I miss all the plugins and tools and smooth/reliable workflow available in Modeler).

This restraint (lights and material edition in Workspace) can not fit in my current workflow, unfortunately.
From a Modeler point of view, Vray Standlone for TrueSpace forces me to split my workflow and use a different application (Workspace) for material edition and lightening setup. This is somehow like using SketchUp/Rhino/C4D/Maya... with the difference that SketchUp/Rhino/C4D/Maya's tools are more efficient than Workspace when it comes to a professional workflow in material edition or lightening setup.

For a pure Modeler user, Simon's Dribble was probably the best bridge for external renderers like Vray Standalone...

:(

bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

emanuel is right, i have it the same way - using modeler. But anyway its a great chance for tS users to have ANY new rendering oportunity added (as vray internal has some bugs, that cannot be fixed, coz we dont have sourcecode)

I also deeply hope that someone will be able to develop dribble to next version which will be fully functional and fully any renderman engine complient, so I can use others, not only 3Delight.

anyway keep it up stan. big respect to you.

sorry for the offtopic.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)

froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Hey count me in Stan! RealTime rendering is nice but it only goes so far.
I think, a lot of people are interested, but are not interested in posting
on the forums. They prefer to just get what is available for their purposes.
The real test will be the number of downloads.

stan

Post by stan »

Thanks Jason. :D

I can't really make this for modelside because of the node base shader system. Never mind the lights types that don't exist. I like model side and use it alot but scripting vray standalone is the best solution, Rsx would have been too much work. This will be as close to VRay for Maya as I can make it.

I am trying to make it so you can model on model side and cross over because I will be doing that too for my own projects.
I just yesterday created the material recovery system for crossing the bridge to model and back..works automaticly. It will need more testing but the cross over part works fine(I have been using it in my layers system to keep layer numbers from screwing up when coming back from model), I just haven't tested creating a new object in model for the result in material workspace completely..Its suppose to be default white.

Here is a pic of multi material on a few objects an the PSD texture on the sphere..finally got the psd working properly. :mrgreen: