COMING SOON - D3D Ultra Shader with D3D passes

Dx Shaders, Vray Materials, LW materias,Textures and more..
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: COMING SOON - D3D Ultra Shader with D3D passes

Post by Draise »

Hehe, pixar? 8-)

It should not affect existing light setups. Just don't forget to save it then import it again! Hmm.. maybe I should update that script so it doesn't erase the current light setup - considering it's somewhat scary to see your light disappear when you save them!

I tried it in 7.61 standalone Rosetta, works like a charm. Well I did find a bug, which I need to work on to fix. I might need to create a "reset all" shaders incase things don't switch properly.

I tried it in a heavier scene, it is.. quite intensive sometimes, if there are alot of shaders/objects. But I think this is true of anything in the WS, think game engine optimization tricks of the trades apply to get what you want efficiently in the viewport.
Saul
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Saul »

Hi Draise
i get these errors when clicking higher quality and the reset button:
Attachments
ScreenHunter_03 2014-08-21.jpg
ScreenHunter_ 2014-08-21.jpg
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

What pass were you in? I think you need the AO pass loaded in order for them to take effect..

The AO light pass can't change it's settings if in another pass.. hmm.. I'll have to think of a workaround. Maybe a placeholder - so we don't get those errors.

Added to the to-do list.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

UPDATE ver 3.9

-Fixed AO Pass control errors when other passes activated. Now a prompt is displayed instead of an error.
-Fixed Default AO Settings script to import lights only when in AO pass - it used to import AO light rig with other lights regardless of pass
-Changed interface for AO controls - now more logical
-Added Shader Reset button - useful for resetting shader to accommodate new material instances while in different passes without having to change the pass with lights - a workaround.
-Added Stan's icon remover script and updated the uninstaller - thanks Stan!
-Fixed the uninstaller to only Uninstall Script - to optionally leave buttons and lights and shader for later - but replaces the script with a placeholder with option to remove all later on (accessed through the button).
-Added Uninstall All (lights, shaders, buttons and scripts)

Download HERE

To do:
-Create Reset Shaders per pass (not just for the Beauty)
-Create tutorials
-Upload to personal site
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Found out that my 3.9 version has badly aligned images - incorrect images really.

I also found out that using the Shadow pass only is good for like "shaderless" system - runs quickly.

I have also found that beauty pass painting is very slow if your computer is not up to it.

I haven't had much time to work on it, but I will release the 4.0 version shortly!
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Update! 4.0

DOWNLOAD

-Added Per Pass reset buttons (red buttons)
-Slimmed down default shader with lighter normal maps, lighter shader load
-Slimmed down default AO light right for slower cards
-Fixed minor interface layout error
-Fixed interface image alignment error

I will create a new thread in the repository once I have created some tutorials to accompany them.

But just so you know:

!
-Don't forget to save your light system BEFORE using the passes - and then have it selected in your import list.
-The red reset buttons on the left per pass only reset shaders - not lights. This is faster than switching passes - for example when painting in a shaderless pass with new a shader, and you want to reset the applied material to shaderless, or switch all to just specular without having to reload your lights - and so forth.

-The pass buttons will reset the shaders AND light sources also. This may take longer to load depending on how many shaders you have and light sources.
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by Cellulo »

Thanks Draise.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Thanks!

I found out that the Beauty reset doesn't work, so will have to fix that.

Another thing I forget to put into my to-do list is to create a translucent light shader with the pass system, AND a backlight scatter shader, and maybe a blinn version too, or even an anisotropic version. There are a number of shaders that need to be ported over into a pass system. I need to make a list, and find out what I want. I also need to re-do some of the transparency controls of the shader, as they seem to be broken. I can't get solid transparency to work - only bacteria and textured. And the controls are very confusing.

But in general, it will be good to get atleast one or two of the SSS or translucent real-time shaders ported over and the leafy backscatter version also.

So.. to add to the to-do list:

TO DO:
-Fix Beauty reset button
-Create Translucent or SSS shader for passes
-Create Anisotropic shader for passes
-Create Backscatter shader for passes
-Create Blinn/Phong shader for passes? I think the Ultra Shader already is a blinn/phong.

I guess it is in demand to create a number of flexible pass ready shaders for quick renders - based off many that I like and use - worthy of Lightworks - without radiosity - in mere seconds! And once you get that sorted, you can bake many things into it from Blender, including artificial GI and AO and the like - for real-time fun.

I will have to create some tutorials for that.. I really do want to create tutorials... I have no idea where to begin.

What are good screen capture apps that don't eat much CPU or vidram for free?

I found TS to really really really really work overtime if your images are not square nor at multiples of 4. Like if your image is any number outside of 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024 or even 2048x2048, things can run VEEERY slow.

So good gaming texture practices are in high order to use the pass shaders efficiently.

So, more to do! More coming up, and hopefully some good tutorials to bat.
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by Cellulo »

I need to re-install trueSpace workspace to test your shader, i see in your to do list the SSS shader, it's possible to make SSS in real time in trueSpace Workspace or it's fake SSS ?

And about the beauty button name, i think it's better to rename it in "Diffuse" because it's the general term in 3D texturing, it's only a remark :roll:, thanks for this shader.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Cellulo wrote:I need to re-install trueSpace workspace to test your shader, i see in your to do list the SSS shader, it's possible to make SSS in real time in trueSpace Workspace or it's fake SSS ?

And about the beauty button name, i think it's better to rename it in "Diffuse" because it's the general term in 3D texturing, it's only a remark :roll:, thanks for this shader.
Oh? You don't have trueSpace 7.6 installed yet? Let me know how it goes with the installation!

The SSS is a fake one (not calculated with rays), like one you'd find in a game engine. I have three different model or designs that can be worked with - but they work - maybe they could be improved. Technically one can work with HLSL for translucent shaders, so any GLSL ones out there in the market could be ported into trueSpace DirectX9, well to a degree I suppose! (I do not know HLSL though)

Concerning the Beauty as diffuse.. Good point. I did want to make a "diffuse" pass and a "ambient" pass - diffuse being color without specular nor ambient - no secondary rays - and an ambient pass, no specular and diffuse. But decided to keep them all combined as a "beauty" pass.

I guess depending on the render engine - "diffuse" pass would be the primary rays principally, and then there would be secondary rays calculated in other AOV's or passes. Since the DirectX9 aspect of the viewport doesn't work with rays, there are no diffuse rays. Only specular and ambiance and diffuse textures all in one.

I do recall "diffuse" terminology is more of a texture format; but for rendering, diffuse referred to ray type. And due to this plugin/script being a "rendering" system, I thought it appropriate to name it as the "beauty" pass - as that is the name for all ray types calculated together - or as in a final composite.