COMING SOON - D3D Ultra Shader with D3D passes

Dx Shaders, Vray Materials, LW materias,Textures and more..
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

COMING SOON - D3D Ultra Shader with D3D passes

Post by Draise »

EDIT:

Latest update: 4.0 - 08.10.2014

Download

--------------

With Stan's and Prodigy's help and scripts, I've created an ultra shader for different passes I usually need to composite my images better, all rendered in realtime with the DirectX viewport of trueSpace.

Once I have the go ahead from Stan and Prodigy, I'd like to share these, along with my Normal Light setup and my AO light setup to go with the respective shader.

The shader and pass script will only work with Object Instances - which is in the Material Editor -> Advanced options.

Here is a preview of the upcoming passes, which will come in very handy with compositing special effects, controling specular highlights, or adding AO without any render times.

Depth
Specular
Normals
AO
Beauty

Stan was kind enough to help me out with a script that would help me select all nodes I need to swith over the shaders - and Prodigy has had a Power DX Shader which I based the current D3D Ultra Shader off.

Features
-Image or solid colour based textures and full UV control
-Ambience and Diffuse control
-Specular and Diffuse maps with full UV control
-Dual displacement maps: one with full UV control, positive and negative mutiplicity; and the other with positive and negative mutiplicity and tiling
-Irradiance
-Fresnel based environment reflections, including transmission and full UV control
-Texture transparency with Alpha Test controls toggled with Bacteria Alpha transparency: plain and with texture (NEW! to Prodigy's Power DX Shader)
-Pass ready: Beauty, Lambert (AO Light Rig ready), Normal (Normal Light Rig ready), Specular, Depth (with 100, 200, 400 and 800 depth distances)

To do:

-Create a Matte/Mask pass and shader settings.
-Create Ambient pass - to help with the AO composite? Ambient * AO + Diffuse(Beauty)
-Test Passes and shaders on objects with multiple instances of the shader on the same object (or on a fix to do that)
-Clean up shader (to make it lighter and quicker to load, rename unintelligible items)

The downside with this is keeping an eye out on the material name ("D3D material") and have it as an Object Instance. Another downside is you can't render each pass automatically, one has to D3D render it one by one - but small price to pay at the speed each pass can be rendered.

I am looking forward to releasing these sets of scripts, shaders and light rigs soon.
Last edited by Draise on 08 Oct 2014, 17:10, edited 2 times in total.
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Re: COMING SOON - D3D Ultra Shader with D3D passes

Post by v3rd3 »

Awesome Draise... a wonderful effort
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

That looks real nice. What do you use to composite, Blender?
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Thanks guys. And yes indeed! I use Blender composite nodes. They do everything I need, minus the time it takes to crunch my sometimes 100 node trees. I plan to try out your composite nodes in the LE, but the DOF didn't seem to be as good a quality as I'd like. But it seems probable to do similar things and effects!
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by Cellulo »

Nice work Draise, thanks to share this with us.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Update!

-Included and modified the scripts to support 5 materials per object.

-Included 4 settings for Zdepth (buggy, but works)

An error that I am not sure how to fix: I have scripts for changing my Zdepth, buuuut when I have it set for more than one material node value change, I get a script error in the recursive select script .It works, does the job, but also pulls an error from the Recursive Selection script Stan kindly made for me.

-Included a matte pass (+ Matte tab to change matte colour)

-Fixed Displacement Normal Map input

-Fixed Texture transform control

But other than that, it works. Only that one script error every time I change the Zdepth values.

I think I'll release this version, with the shader and light rigs, once I create them and set them up for what I want (low quality, mid quality, high quality preset buttons for my AO rig). Maybe a save/export current light setup, and one to import them again. Not sure how to do that....

Stan kindly shared with me a script to import and export a light setup, but unfortunately my Light rigs are not compatible.

I may also create a Normal light rig to use - or a library that you can use so it can import/delete to aid with the pass setup.

Then I'll make a tutorial after I finish making my Tiki, which is due in a week! *gasp*.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Update!

-Added Light save function, and import function (uses typed string names from a personal Light Library - which will be included with the passes)

-Added AO quality controls (lower quality, default quality, higher quality - shadow settings only)

I tried to use some basic maths to keep the shadow bleed fairly similar each iteration of quality. Works.

-Added Save AO Settings control (saves any modifications of your AO light rig as the default every time you change the pass in any future moment)

-Added Default AO control (resets quality to default, all settings - thus you can save this for later if you want)

-Added Normal Light load when switching to Normals pass (removes import lights)

-Added Shadow Pass (basic lambert with import lights)

-Added automatic import light load on Beauty, Depth, Matte, Specular and Shadow pass (relative to your light import that you choose)

-Added warnings to the error I have with the Depth pass Zdepth changer.

Those scripts only work on the first object, any others will not.

I hope you like the update, it's becoming quite powerful, and I'm very happy with it, but if only I could figure out.. what's going wrong with my zdepth script..? But I think... I have no clue. But now I have lights included with my pass system, automatic, with option to import other lights from the library (though I'd have to type the name). Would anyone have any idea how to create a drop down list from items in a library?
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Here's a couple of scripts from my toolbar tools. Maybe it will help with the populate a list from library.
Attachments
stuff.zip
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Thanks Clinton, I'll take a look into that!

Thanks to Stan, I have created radial buttons and an intensity slider for controlling the depth.

Stan has helped me a lot with this one, I could not have done it without him.

So updates:

-Cleaned code and scripts, now more than half the size and twice as fast.
-Cleaned the shader, smaller and more streamlined
-Added working depth controls (100, 200, 400, 800 and custom - hit "Change Depth" to apply)

Next steps:

-Create an internal Script library for my pass based lights (instead of saving them in external libraries),
-Save custom lights to default light library (currently it's in a custom folder)
-Create a button to load the pass panel
-Create a plugin-install/uninstall, custom script

So questions are.. how do I make an install script? And how can I copy, or call nodes embedded in the Custom Scripts folder within trueSpace?
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Just tested it in a small production, works well!