Arcade Game Studio program and chm help file [AVAILABLE]

Game Engines, Projects and more
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Arcade Game Studio program and chm help file [AVAILABLE]

Post by Cellulo »

Hi all, i have created a chm help file for the game creator "Arcade Game Studio 1.34" or ARGS, after more than one month to make it, it's available on my homepage.

For information Arcade Game Studio is a program tool for making games with the look and feel of the '80s arcade games. Includes genres such as Run'n'Gun, vertical and horizontal Shooters or Platform games, you will be able to make similar games to Pac-Man, Commando, 1942, Ghosts 'n' Goblins or Gauntlet, all with your own sprite sheets, pixel art, sound effects and music, also no programming required, it's really easy.

Due to the lack of information about this program (only the official help pages available ), i have searched on the web all things related to this program, added a second tutorial more in depth made by Pablo' translated in english by me), also include a lot of pixel art tutorials links, 2D tools links, youtube videos pixel art links, color palette links and games links made with Arcade Game Studio to see the capability of this game creator.

I put a lot of effort to make all these new pages with kompozer and HTML Help Workshop, polished every days, for spellings mistakes, check links etc..

All you need to make games with Arcade Game Studio are in the chm help file.

Here the download page:

Arcade Game Studio1.34 with the new chm Manual v1.04

You can't call the chm help file inside ARGS editor, just call it in Windows, and you can work inside ARGS in same time.

GO TO MAKE GAMES NOW!! :bananatyping:

EDIT2: updated chm file in 1.04 version bundled with ags program.
EDIT: updated chm file in 1.03 version.
Last edited by Cellulo on 16 Nov 2019, 15:40, edited 5 times in total.
seppgirty
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Arcade Game Studio chm help file [AVAILABLE]

Post by seppgirty »

nice work cellulo. you put a lot of effort into this.
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Thanks Seppgirty, i have made the same thing for the help chm file of GraphicsGale pixel art graphics tool with a improved chm manual, but only availaible for french people for the moment, because recently i have made and released the official french translation of GraphicsGale on his homepage, this take me two months for the whole french translation of GraphicsGale with his chm help file.

Next steps, translate in french the ARGS's chm help file and translate in english the GraphicsGale 's chm help file. Now it's more easy for me to translate these chm files because they are well structured in final state.
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

I have updated the help chm file in 1.02 version.

-Added some new color palettes links.
-Added some new pixel art tutorials links.
-Updated the whole page about knowns issues.
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Updated the chm manual help file in 1.03 version.

- Added some new color palettes links.
- Added some new pixel art tutorials links.
- Added some new links for games created in ARGS.
- Fixed a wrong link for the Endesga 16 colors palette.

Merry Christmas all ! !! :bananaclaus:
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

I'm working on a new version (1.04) of the chm help file of Arcade game studio, this time i will bundle it with the Arcade Game Studio setup file because the official homepage is closed :( .
JSmith
Marine
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by JSmith »

HIRE 2D and 3D Animation service provider company - Ommzi. Our artists are so creative and offer high-quality 3D animation services. At Ommzi, our artists are familiar with latest tools and technology like - AutoDesk Maya, Mudbox, Cinema 4D, ZBrush, MotionBuilder and many more.
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Re: Arcade Game Studio chm help file [SOON AVAILABLE]

Post by Cellulo »

Hi all I will upload soon on my homepage, the Arcade game studio game creator bundled with the new chm help file and some games examples to study, the long task for me was to translate the whole chm file in french language, i'm near of the end, after that i polish both version (ENG-FR), and make a new palette colors links and free tools links pages.

Arcade game studio 1.34 is really a cool game creator, no need to learn programming, it's free, the XBOX360 controller are detected, (analog stick, buttons but the D-pad is not detected). The sad new about this game creator tool, it's no more updated by his author, but can still usable on Windows 10.

Here a tutorial video that show how to make game (using a ARGS old version):

Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

I will release Arcade game studio program with the new chm help file updated this week-end on my homepage.
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Re: Arcade Game Studio program and chm help file [AVAILABLE]

Post by Cellulo »

Now it's available on my homepage see the first topic.