Vray Standalone for Truespace - Project.

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Vray Standalone for Truespace - Project.

Post by Prodigy »

Hi guys,

Good news, im starting the development for Vray Standalone on Truespace.. I want to keep using my truespace for a long time so i decided to start no matter if its a stupid quest..
I have the connection with vray working already, the script has connectivity with many vray features like, color background, bounces and many other things..

I'll need some help to export the meshes, cameras materials and lights. is a nice but may long trip..
So everyone that wants to help is welcome :)
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
froo
Captain

Re: Vray Standalone for Truespace - Project.

Post by froo »

Sweeeet Augusto! :bananaguitar:
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

I would love to make VRay Standalone available from Modeler :)

Simon's Dribble source could help, perhaps ?
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

VRay standalone is not the previous VRay for TS right? How much does VRay standalone cost?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

the difference between a Model side script, and the Workspace script, would be the script language. Model needs Python, and Workspace needs jscript or vbscript. Well, there's more to it than that of course...

Blender uses the VRay standalone doesn't it? And Blender uses the python scripting language. That would be the first place I'd look: the blender python script.
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Can't people change the programming language of plugins? And which is the native language of model and workspace?

Edit: I read only the last posts and don't realized that this is completely amazing!!! So is the Vray Standalone? Should I start looking save money for this? It's something that only depends on time? Or there is a chance of this isn't possible? I know you can stop in the middle...
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I would help you in a second Prodigy but I am not a programmer. Is this to add rendering capabilities to workSpace and
fix known problems (like rendering glass)?
Where is this VRay standalone located?
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

How much does the VRay standalone cost?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

few things.. few cool few not..

The cool things are we can use the standalone version that is 64bits.. so you can send the scene on a 32bit machine but rendered on another with an 64bit OS. We have also full support on many or ALL the render farms available, even has support for net rendering so you can build your own cluster of pc's..

The other, is there's a demo version of vray with some limitations like the size of the render and far as i know the number of lights on the scene.. but is full functional so everyone with the free truespace can use vray for free.. (with that limitations)

The bad things is the cost of vray.. we paid about 300$ - 400$ for the ts vray and the cost of vray standalone is about 900$ far as i know.. maybe i'm wrong.. maybe we can see if they can give us a "special price"

Other good thing is that vray is compatible with Maya and many other apps. so you are paying for a software compatible with other apps.. if for some reason truespace became useless, you can jump to another software and keep your render engine.. Blender has support also if you want to keep on the cheep side of the life..

Making an open source script will keep vray updated no matter if the company became full subsidiary of microsoft and then they close the company 6 months after.. (you know what i mean) ;)

So i don't see a real problem to start support vray standalone.. even, i saw there's compatibility with the new Vray Realtime. :)
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Bob. obviously will fix the glass bug.. also were able to get vray proxy, micro displacement, etc..etc.. vray sun, vray sky.. i can imagine that all the features like the max..

Vray standalone is a command line program.. imagine something like the yafaray project..
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑