Dragn Droppin's

v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Dragn Droppin's

Post by v3rd3 »

Drew

go to this website and download speccy https://www.piriform.com/speccy.

The sw will profile your machine and give you some temperature readings.

Also, can you tell us the make and model of your computer case.

If you are overheating with that kind of cpu you need to have enough fans and vents to make the air flow through it effectively. Clusters of cabling inside your case can cause air flow problems. Especially if the cables are bundled in the cpu air flow area. Please open up your case and take a picture of the inside and post here.

Are you running Win10. I am not upgrading from win 7 and my next pc will run linux so I cannot help with Win10 issues other than being sympathetic or reading tech forums.

You can save a speccy report as a text file and load it up here for us to look at.
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Not disagreeing (ah, thanks spelling checker, ... e-e-i-n-g) with V3rd3 about that as technically viable. Strategically, since you aren't a hardware fiddling guy it is probably best to take it to a pro for diagnosis and repair.

Tip. You can gather extra wires in a plastic bag. Air flow around the bag will be better than turbulence through the mess of wires. I put the bag near the power supply where the extras emerge.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Are you still online? Computer fixed?
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Hey folks

Funny thing Saul... I've had flash player problems for a while. I block whatever I can and screwed up something cuz now no matter what I do, it won't work. Just as well; they've done some tricky things and don't trust them so whatever needs flash online, I can't view. Doesn't bother me a bit.

v3... what's up dude!
Will look up speccy. Thanks. (I'm been working on resurrecting the mining thing. wink wink, nudge nudge. But now... a full length feature! lol... if I can complete one shot, I'll be happy)
Cleaning old stuff on the puter, i deleted the link which told me what I bought so can't remember the case, but I got one full of holes with heat dissipation in mind. I was blowing a fan on the puter one time purposefully, and it still conked out. Two fans in front, one in back with liquid cooler system
As for Windows 10... I am avoiding it like the plague. My computer was truly bugging out while they surreptitiously installed their Shit on my puter. I've posted somewhere else on this forum a bunch of codes that one can delete and badabing, no more puter freezes and SH**.
I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally (knowing their code might screw up the customer's puter forcing the unsuspecting to upgrade to Windows 10) sent out these codes. Not to mention the nail that will seal their coffin, having back door holes to their software (yeah yeah, I know; hearsay. Research! The truth will set you free... but it will piss you off first). In short... FFFU... fine, I'll be nice; Screw Windows! I am getting something other than Windows next round.

So here's my latest diagnosis; since the puter is still running (no change in hum, other sounds) when it conks out, and I get a black screen and the screen says no signal... it's the video card failing.
Logical?
I've been eyeing usage levels, maybe when there's a sudden rise it freaks out, but it blacks out in an instant and never with any warning, so can't see any causal relationship.

Just playin' catch up Finis. Tryin' to make this a better year than the one before.
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Started the guy from the beginning. This is the latest round.
The light ball one, working out proof of concept. Camera shake sucks, I know :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USm1Oht ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pEs0MV ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

v3rd3... Thanks Bud!
Speccy is Exactly what I'm looking for. I still can't see how through some software it can tell me the temps of physical components. Funny thing is, hasn't crashed in a while.
What THE...!
It is what it is.