Rusty Mystery

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: U3DAC August 2015 - Rusty Mystery

Post by Finis »

I agree Bitkar. I modeled most of the objects with no image or idea in mind so they have more detail than needed for this image. The rust, especially the displacement, hides the detail. I'll probably put these objects in my Freebies thread.

Good eye Draise! I think I'll make an improved version of that one as the showcase image for this project for my website ... whenever I get it back online. Your favorite shows the objects better, tells the story with a sequence from closed to open object to free ball to (when added) tube growth, improves or fixes many things, and is a simpler more focused scene.

I like this accidental art one too. Here. It has the mystery, shows the objects, colors good, visual angle of the object complements the sand ripple angle, stimulates the imagination of the viewer, and has that look and feel that makes art. The simplicity is appealing and could be part of the story: the object is complicated which contrasts with the simplicity of the sand. Another contrast, intended for this project, is eternity vs. temporary. The balls and their power are forever but the containers rust away and the balls are freed.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Working on creating a version with the viewpoint and arrangement of objects Draise favors above. I had moved the camera and changed things so how to recreate that? I created a plane in front of the camera, parented it to the camera so it would remain in front, and applied the existing image to it. With some transparency the camera looks through the plane. Then I moved the camera around, looking through the camera view, until I matched the image with the rocks in the models.

Now to place the rusty objects and balls. In this version the free ball will be yellow and the tube things will be there.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Attachments
RustyMysteryArtView.jpg