Shader Ball (Free) - WIP

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Shader Ball (Free) - WIP

Post by Draise »

Decided to make a shaderball for trueSpace, to test out different things, and my upcoming Ultra Shader updates.

I realized my Normal Map is faceted with my Ultra Shader, making annoying anomolies. I also would like to make my shader flexible with Blinn, Lambert, Phong, Anisotropic and SSS with all of those. I also want to streamline it - make it lighter, and only load those modules when needed. You can also specify which passes you want to have loaded in the shader. I also want to make it Scene Material mode compatible.... lots of work, but getting there.

Things left to do:
UV map
Internal Geometry for Transparency and SSS testing
Flatten or simplify some geometry
Create my logo on the shaderball
Draise
Captain

Re: Shader Ball (Free) - WIP

Post by Draise »

Here is a shader ball example with Skin SSS and Carpaint applied.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Well then, this is a trueSpace screencapture, using Clinton's useful FBX export and import. It's handy to put in shaders with Blender textures (will come VERY handy with texture painting later) to then import directly into trueSpace, tweaking shaders only a little with my bitmaps inported! BEAUTIFUL. This will make life easier.... Though I spent too much time fixing bad geometry (not too sharp on my modeling skills and I'm a bit obsessive with perfection it seems)...

Here is a screenshot with Blender's new SSAO and DOF composite viewport filters. Very slow still (with game lights with varience on) - but considering I can start to get awesome looking details. Just I find the viewport to be SLOW! So flipping slow, trueSpaces is very fast without the need for OpenSubdiv.
I also found that it's antialiasing isn't so good compaired to what TS can do with DirectX 9.

I just wish there was a way to turn off specular influence in trueSpace, with Blender that is very easy....

So.. trueSpace wins on that one. I also played with my AO rig, and it worked out so far to get a nice result.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Playing around and preparing my shaders. I fixed my Ultra shaders Normal faciting issues. I also found some awesome shaders to play with. Th shader ball is.. very very handy. A simple sphere is not enough.

I also found out my color picker stopped working for some reason...
alex4x
Marine
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by alex4x »

Can you share 3D model shaderball ? Please :-)
seppgirty
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by seppgirty »

Wow, That is some impressive work Draise. The last pic is really sweet. Keep it up.
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

alex4x wrote:Can you share 3D model shaderball ? Please :-)
Ofcourse! Forgot to realize that I hadn't shared it!

Download
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

seppgirty wrote:Wow, That is some impressive work Draise. The last pic is really sweet. Keep it up.
Thanks. It's free to use now, as FBX file.