The one from kt looks alot better more realistic
Great job so far
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Jewelry U3DAC April

Post by Finis »

Thanks Pugman1.

Since I was trying for realism more realistic is better ... for this picture. It would be better if I let it render until there were no speckles but 4 hours was enough for me. I would have used the faster method but the gems were too dark. In the real world that might have a good look. In hindsight I could have just made them simple green glass instead of using the emerald material from a library. That material was probably made for MLT render where glass would work with PM.

The Daz one would look better if I knew more about the materials.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
pugman 1
Captain

Post by pugman 1 »

Try rendering in blender, whatch a vid on how to render with cycles render
In blender it will help its very very good ,i remember you saying you wanted
To learn blender ,go for it and have fun
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Hopping from one render engine to the other doesnt help !
You need to start and master one of them and Kerkythea is the better render engine since its MLT but cycles render engine is GPU enabled and is much faster!
ALSO ! there is a trick to MLT rendering ... !!!!! You dont need that many cycles.. !
The advanced users of Kerkythea clean up the render in post pro ! That works surprisedly well !
BUT ! you need to learn that each of these stones need a seperate light and you also need to set up the
right material.. !
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtop ... 0322#60322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtop ... 9300#79300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peter
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Thanks Rayman! I tried noise removal and speckle removing effects in Paint Shop but they blurred the gems. I'll try to exclude them from the effects. How do the KT folks post process the MLT render? (I'll look at the links you gave again in case it is there.) I'll look at the diamonds on black scene and info and learn stuff.

I'm not hopping from renderer to renderer. I'm exploring different software for my post TS tool kit. Agreed, it is better to master something than be "Jack of all trades. Master of none." I'll settle on a couple of systems when I've explored several. One like KT for realistic things and one for creative or artistic things. I find KT limiting for creative things since its designed for realism.

The Daz render is just to see how the necklace would look on a person though if it looked great I might have used it as my contest entry.

I'll try fooling with KT glass, looking for KT jewel materials for photon mapping, or modifying the jewel material I used to work in PM. Either a PM render from that or the previous MLT one will be my entry.

Pugman1: Other than unseasonal cold delaying the beginning of grass mowing I won't have much time to learn Blender but it is next on my list. Since I can't afford to buy things Blender is probably going to be my main thing. Still want to try Messiah Studio (bought on a super bargain offer).
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

sharpening and noise removal should work well on MLT ! I also used paint shop pro it has a very effective noise removal tool !
you shouldnt need more then 40 cycles in MLT.....
Peter
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Baby Hulk happy! Emeralds green!
Attachments
BabyHulkEmeralds.jpg
Unavailableartist
Petty Officer First Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Unavailableartist »

Funny...
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_would_your_pee_be_green" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

answer:
...too much vitamin b or your the Hulk...
:mrgreen:
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

His face! lolz :D