Urgent help: Workspace-Modeler sync

Share with others..
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Urgent help: Workspace-Modeler sync

Post by Emmanuel »

Hello everyone,

I am making an animation using V-Ray on my new Windows 8 system.
That's a scene all done and rendered in Modeler side but I am rendering with V-Ray so the animation has to cross the Bridge.

This is the first time I animate some objects while the camera remains at the same place. All the anims I've done before using VRay were camera-animation only.

This time, I realize that the objects don't move as trueSpace renders the frames to disk : VRay always "renders" the frame 0, taking object's position at frame 0 and keeping that same location for every frame.

If I move the objects in Workspace rather than in Modeler, using the Workspace animation tools, trueSpace get the change and make a correct render.
I would have liked to do all the job in Modeler though.

Is it a known issue with the Bridge ? I mean, only camera/view get updated while objects movment don't cross the Bridge.
Or is there something broken in my tS installation ? Or a special configuration perhaps (all is set to default) ?
Could it be a Windows 8 issue ? I noticed that some old programs are not allowed to save things making some functionalities not working.

Thanks in advance !
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Urgent help: Workspace-Modeler sync

Post by Emmanuel »

Okay, after some investigation I understand that the Bridge does not handle synchronisation for Modeler's objects animation.

I tried Clinton's Bridge Synchronize plugin but when I drop this object in the scene I get an Error event (LoadNode: Failed to load Bridge Synchronize Script)

Any idea someone ?
Saul
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Saul »

Howdy Emmanuel
The idea behind the briDge, was to access the render engine on the model side - lightWorks (or maybe virtuaLight) - 'cos workSpace did not have it's own render engine.
workSpace was built primarily as a real time renderer with vRay coming on board late in development AND at a price!!
So......workSpace cannot easily bring animation from model BUT model can take animation from workSpace!
Not much help((
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

Thank you for the comment Saul. It is good to have feedbacks even if it offers no solution. Sometimes it can unlock some idea in our tortured brain.

This is what happened :)
I think I have found a workaround. So this could be good news for all of us !
The problem comes from a BUG, not an intentional behavior. But there is a trick to get the things done.

Try this :

1. First of all, in tS7.6, use a Modeler layout and open a new/additional Workspace 3d window. Make sure the Bridge is on AUTO. You can close Workspace's animation windows to free some room on screen. All the job will be done in Modeler. The reason for the Workspace 3d window is to force the Bridge to copy every Modeler frame to Workspace !

2. Set VRAY as the render engine in Modeler's Preferences panel

3. In the Modeler, prepare your animation. You should see the animation translated in the Workspace 3D window in real time. The animation is crossing the Bridge. Good !

4. Now, clic the Render Scene To File icon in Modeler. And in the Render To File panel, make sure the animation source is set to Modeler.

5. You will see your object moving being rendered !

6. There is no Global Illumination yet though because VRAY settings are all by default. If you righ-clic the Render Scene To File icon to access VRay's options panel, you get the PhotoRender panel instead. At first look, it seems the full VRAY control is broken.

7. Now, here is the trick :
In the Info Bar, right-clic on the Render Scene Using Current Offline Renderer icon of the Workspace toolbar. It opens VRAY's option panel ! Now you can set your GI settings.

I spent 6 hours yesterday looking for a solution, and this morning, I woke up at 5:20 and it came on its own.

That must be a good day.
Perhaps I should go out and get a lottery ticket...
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Glad you found a solution but how much could you have learned about Blender or other non-TS software with the time you spent on this? The solution to TS's problems is don't use TS. It is time to migrate to software with a future. TS is holding you back.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero